Mary Louise Belz, nee Connors, 87, of Belleville, Illinois, born
Saturday, November 6, 1920, in East Saint Louis, Illinois, died Monday,
August 11, 2008 at her residence.
Mrs. Belz was retired from the E. St. Louis General Assistance Township
Office. She was a member of St. Clair County Women's Club and a member
of Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church. She graduated from St. Elizabeth's
grade school and St. Teresa Academy both of East St. Louis and attended
Maryville University in St. Louis.
She is preceded in death by:
- Her beloved husband, Victor L. Belz, whom
she married on November 26, 1947 and who died on May 24, 1989.
- Her parents John T. & Rose nee Flannagan Connors
- Brother - John Connors who died in infancy
- Brother and sister in law - James (Gloria) Connors
- Sister & Brother in law - Rosemary (George) Brichler
Brothers & Sister in law - Bill (Juanita) Belz, Ed, Bob & Jim Belz &
She is survived by:
- Son, Victor (Peggi) Belz of College Station, TX
- Daughter, Rose (Denny)Schildroth of Belleville, IL
Grandchildren, Maggie (Jason) Baron of O'Fallon, IL
- Dennis & Nick Schildroth of Belleville, IL
- Katie Belz DVM of Blacksburg, VA
Kimberly (David) Champion of Tyler, TX
- Amanda Belz of College Station, TX
- Great-Grandchildren, Chloe, Jake & Cassie Baron, Sister, Joan (Gene) Coughlin of Belleville, IL
- Sisters & Brother-in-law, Norma, Mary Lou & Fritzi Belz, Dorothy Ann
(Richard) Effinger, Jack Belz
Many nieces, nephews & cousins.
Memorials: Memorial donations in honor of Mary Louise Belz may be made to the
Hospice of Southern Illinois or Blessed Sacrament Church Endowment Fund.
Visitation: Friends may call 4-8 P.M., Thursday, August 14 at the
Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: A funeral procession will leave from Kurrus Funeral Home in
Belleville, IL at 9:40am Friday, August 15, 2008 for a Mass of Holy Day
will be celebrated at 10:00 am Friday, August 15, 2008 at Blessed
Sacrament Catholic Church, with Fr Matthew Elie officiating. Interment
will follow at Mount Carmel Cemetery, Belleville, IL
The family wishes to express their deepest gratitude to Dr. Brad
Ringhofer and Dr Greg Simmons who treated her lovingly and always with
such kindness, Thank You.