Our first priority is making sure the families we serve receive
the very finest service and continuing care possible.
Charles Gus G. Kurrus graduated from Signal Hill School in 1948 and from Belleville Township High School in 1952. He received a Bachelor’s degree from Westminster College as well as a degree in Mortuary Science from Worsham College. Charles has been and is still very active in the community, including:St. Matthew United Methodist Church
- Member of Finance, Budget, and Endowment Committees
- Former Bankers’ Trust Board Member
- Charter member of West Pointe Bank and Trust
- East Lodge 504 AF & AM
- Scottish Rite Bodies 33rd degree
- York Rite Bodies
- Ainad Shrine (Ritualistic Cast)
- Numerous other Masonic groups
- Past President of Optimist, Boys Club, United Fund, and St. Clair County Funeral Directors Association
- Board Member of the YMCA, Rotary Club, and Junior Achievement.
Charles and his wife, Jackie, reside in Belleville, Illinois.
Dale A. Kurrus graduated from Signal Hill School in 1975 and from Belleville Township High School West in 1979. During his high school and college years, Dale worked at the funeral home washing cars, cutting the lawns, and doing other general maintenance. He attended Greenville College for 3 years, studying business. In 1983, he graduated from Southern Illinois University in Carbondale with a Mortuary Science Degree. Dale joined the firm on its 100th anniversary, becoming the 5th generation in funeral service. Dale currently holds Funeral Director’s and Embalmer’s Licenses in Illinois and Missouri and is a licensed Illinois insurance agent. Dale has always been and continues to be very active in the community, including:
- Past President, and Former Board Member, and current volunteer for the Violence Prevention Center
- St. Matthew United Methodist Church and Orchestra
- Past President of St. Clair County Funeral Directors Association
- Former Treasurer and Board Member for St. Pauls Home for the Aged
- Yorktown Tuesday Night Golf League
- Gothic Lodge #852 AF & AM
- Scottish Rite Bodies
- Ainad Shrine (Past President of the Brass Band 2009-2010)
Dale and his wife, Lisa, have two children, Megan and Shane. Dale and Lisa reside in Belleville, Illinois.
In the firm’s 130th year, Shane Kurrus began working side-by-side with his father and grandfather in continuing the service, commitment, and tradition of the Kurrus family. Shane is a graduate of Harmony-Emge- Ellis Grade School and Belleville Township High School West. In June 2013, he graduated from his father’s alma mater, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, with a Bachelor’s degree in Mortuary Science; and in 2015 he earned his Master’s degree from Lindenwood University in Business Administration.
Shane is the sixth generation of the Kurrus family and is the proud father of Oliver Ray Kurrus.